ALYS Owner Biography Skye Long is the founder of Always Love Your Stay. While attending college for her Bachelors in Business Management, Skye maintained an impressive GPA while concurrently working full time and managing her budding vacation rental business. At the age of 21, Skye purchased her first home. Shortly after in 2010, she began service to our dear country by joining the Army National Guard. As well as having a successful military career, Skye decided to expand her business. She purchased a second duplex in 2013, followed by a third only two years later. Skye’s success in the vacation rental business can be attributed to her passion for real estate. She has embraced both the opportunities and challenges presented in her field of work. As a result, Always Love Your Stay has thrived as a customer-centric operation. Skye has received many excellent reviews from her clients. She provides unmatched customer service and understands the value in building lasting, positive, and professional relationships. Honesty, motivation, courage, dedication, and integrity are all integral aspects of Skye’s core values. As the driving force behind Always Love Your Stay, she operates her business with these principles in mind. Her strong beliefs in combination with an impressive work ethic, strive for improvement, and strong leadership skills have been a recipe for success thus far. Today, Skye lives in Anchorage, Alaska. She shares her life and home with her two fur babies: Leilani and Treigh. A lover of the great outdoors, Skye stays active by hiking, biking, jogging, and skating. She has always appreciated the importance of quality of life: another guiding principle behind her business. She believes that her hard work and love of life are evident in all she does. Skye has successfully captured the spirit of vacation and hospitality in Always Love Your Stay, and looks forward to sharing it with clients for years to come! Mission Statement Always Love Your Stay (previously S & S Vacation Rentals) was established in 2010 by Skye Long. The team at Always Love Your Stay is pleased to provide: vacation and corporate rentals; military PCS; and temporary, short, and long term housing for clients. Both furnished and unfurnished units are available, most of which are pet friendly (on approval). Skye and her associate owners are proud to provide exceptional customer service to their clients. Units are regularly updated and constantly maintained. Always Love Your Stay aims: To welcome clients into a comfortable home away from home while constantly striving to improve and create a positive impact locally. We hope you enjoy your stay with us!
**Always Love Your Stay (ALYS) Rental Policies**
Always Love Your Stay Rentals is a professional, licensed and experienced Vacation and Executive Housing Provider. We offer furnished housing for those traveling for vacation, business, and relocation and unfurnished housing for those just taking the next step. Whatever may bring you to our beautiful city of Anchorage... we can help you.
Thank You for choosing ALYS for your rental needs! We are happy to have you as our guest(s) and will do everything in our power to accommodate all of your wishes. Please read over the following instruction pages upon check in and check out in order to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible and to avoid any additional charges. Please also make sure to read over our policies again just in case you may have any concerns in the future. Please let us know if there is anything missing in this welcome letter that would be helpful or useful for you, our guest, as we are all looking for new ways to improve.
- Booking Policies/ Check-In: We ask that you respect the house rules of the home that you book. Violations of house rules can result in additional charges or termination of the booking. We understand that as a guest you have common sense and are courteous enough to follow these rules but as a business we have to ensure that policies, restrictions and challenges are made clear. Please review these policies prior to booking.
- Booking: Reservations that are 14 days or less are to be booked online. We display real time availability and once booked your dates are instantly reserved in our system and a confirmation will be generated and sent to you via email. Reservations over 14 days can be made by calling or emailing us.
Please be sure you have read the description of the property to be certain it fits your needs. If you have any questions, please contact us prior to booking. We do our best to provide detailed descriptions of each properties so you are not surprised when you arrive. We do not allow you to switch properties once you arrive. If there is a particular area of town you need to be in, please contact us for a property address.
If you are traveling as part of a large party, we do have rentals that are attached or near one another. The Big Big House is a 12 Bedroom Home that we have separated into 6 different “units.” Request more than one of these units to accommodate your larger groups. We work with military, construction and business crews, medical crews, churches, traveling groups and more. The Big Big House can accommodate up to 35 person groups. The Midnight Skye Duplex, Aurora Skye, and Northern Aurora Duplexes can all also handle larger parties between 8-12 guests. Northern Aurora and Aurora Skye and are one lot from one another so a total of 4 units within walking distance of each other. Please contact us if you need help in accommodating a larger party. It is recommended that larger parties book well in advance, as our properties get scattered bookings for summer beginning in February/March and we normally take longer term rentals between October and April.
- Rates/Fees: All rates are subject to change without notice. Rates will be confirmed at time of booking. Rates are subject to the city bed tax of 12% unless the stay is 30 plus days. Any discounts will display on the second page of the reservation screen prior to booking. We may change our rates due to availability, demand, or last minute opportunities. Please be sure to check the reservation calendar for the rate for your dates.
A one-time cleaning fee will be charged on all rentals. The fee is as follows for reservations 29 days or less: Single Rooms and Suites: $60, 1 Bedroom Apartment: $100, 2 Bedrooms $125, 3 Bedrooms $175, 4 Bedrooms $225. Please note: Reservations that are 30 days or more will be charged double the cleaning fee. Cleaning fees on monthly rentals will be negotiated per contract.
Monthly rentals are paid no later than the 1st of each month. If these rent payments are made after the 3rd of the month, the guest will accrue and be responsible for a late fee of $100.00. If guest fails to pay their rent after the 7th of the month, they will accrue a late fee of $150 and if not paid by 2pm on the 7th day of the month, the guest will be escorted off of the premises. These rental properties are not homes, they are transient properties and the policies are strictly enforced. If legal action is required, the guest will incur and be responsible for any legal fees involved in the legal matter.
Pets and pet fees are discussed in paragraph 10.
IMPORTANT NOTICE UPDATED SEPTEMBER 2016***ANY disrespect to the property, contract, policies or agreement here-in will be cause for termination of lease or complete forfeiture of damage deposit. If any discounts were calculated for the current agreement, all discounts will be void and the difference between regular pricing and the paid rate will be owed***
- Check-In/Check-out: You will receive a check-in letter within 3 days of booking and a reminder within a week of arrival unless your arrival date is within 3 days in which case it will be sent within 24 hours. All of our units have flexible 24 hour check in with our 4 digit combination locks.
Check-In Time: 3PM or Later
The check-in letter will include the following:
- Address of the property you reserved
- Your check-in code for the combination lock
- Internet information
- Any particulars specific to the property
- Owner contact information
Check-out time is 11AM sharp due to the time required to clean the property for the next renter. Our cleaning service will arrive at 11AM. If you would like to request a late check-out of 3PM, the charge will be 25% of your daily rate and it MUST BE APPROVED in advance by the owner of the property. (24 hours prior) Please see the check-out procedures for your rental in the property binder to avoid added cleaning fees.
- Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel a confirmed reservation, for any reason, no refund of previously paid reservation deposits/prepaid rents will be allowed, unless the reserved home can be re-booked for the same reservation period and price. If we are notified of a cancellation, we will make every effort to re-book and will refund your prepaid amounts, based upon any alternate revenue received, less a 25% handling/re-booking fee (25% of canceled reservation amount). Any such refunds will only be made once we actually receive the placement reservation deposits and/or prepaid rents for your reserved booking period.
- Security Deposit For Both Short and Long Term Rentals: A 50% deposit is due at time of booking and the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to your arrival. If less than 30 days prior to arrival, the entire balance will be billed. Monthly rentals deposits will be negotiated per property and security deposit and cleaning fees are due upon booking in order to hold the reservation.
All rentals require a security deposit. The deposit is fully refundable following the end of your rental period if the premises are left undamaged, all inventory intact, and all financial obligations met. Renter is responsible for any and all damages caused during their stay including damages caused by others in their party and/or guests. Renter is asked to leave kitchen dishes, pots and pans clean and put away before departure or an excess cleaning fee will be charged at $45.00 per hour. A portion of this security deposit will be used for cleaning and/or trash removal if the rental home is left excessively dirty or littered. For stays under 30 nights your credit card information will be held on file for the security deposit. Our deposit is automatically $1,500 with credit card holds but will not be charged unless there is a problem after check-out. Disobedience to any house rules located in the in home binder or on our website policies will be grounds for termination of lease without refunds. Any discounts applied will be terminated and revert to standard daily rate due if guests have deliberately disobeyed rules and disrespected the home.
- Loss or Damage: In renting a home, you are agreeing to indemnify and hold harmless the owner of the vacation home, Always Love Your Stay Vacation Rentals (ALYS), and its employees and agents, for any injury or loss to any member of your party unless the injury or loss was due to gross negligence of the owner or ALYS. You must promptly report to us any unsafe or hazardous condition at the home.
Any loss or damage of items in the home should be reported immediately upon check in so that you are not charged upon check out. If guest does not report the item upon check in and it is noticed after check out, the guest may be held responsible for that item.
- Left Items: Please check the closets, drawers, and under the bed for your personal belongings; check for any battery chargers in outlets. If we have to retrieve items to send back, there will be a $50 service charge, plus the cost of the postage. Items will be held for one week after our first attempt to contact you. If we receive no response within the week, items will be donated.
- Pets - We are a pet friendly business upon approval
$10 pet fee per pet, per day for short term rentals under 14 days. (Minimum of $50).
14-29 days $100 per pet $175 for two
30-59 days $150 per pet $250 for two
60+ days $200 per pet $350 for two
- Dogs must be friendly and on a leash in public areas which would include any shared yard areas.
- Cats are to be front declawed or wearing claw covers
- All pets must be up to date on their shot records
- Pets are NOT to sleep on any of the beds and if pets are to climb on any living room furniture, the pet owner MUST double layer blankets on the couch to ensure no pet hair is left behind on the furniture. If pet hair is left behind on the furniture, additional cleaning charges may occur.
- Pet owners are to be responsible in picking up after your pets.
- Dogs may not be left unattended and waste must be removed immediately in shared yards. If your dog is a barker, they may not be left unattended at the property.
- Please groom your pets to reduce shedding.
- Cats are typically not permitted due to allergies and claws. Please inquire.
- Occupancy/Additional Guests: We require the names of all individuals occupying the premises during your stay. Any additional occupancy by additional persons, beyond the specified maximum as listed below, could result in the forfeiture of our security deposit and/or early termination of your rental period, without refund of rental fees paid. No guests are permitted at our homes, other than the number specified in your rental agreement, without prior approval. In general, you can have up to two additional day guests, in addition to the maximum occupancy of the house, with prior approval, without charge. Occasionally, we will permit a few more day guests, but only with prior approval. (Please contact the owner of the property for approval.) Occupancy for each house is strict and absolutely no additional overnight guests are permitted. If additional overnight guests, or more than the approved day guests, are discovered, we will terminate the booking without refund. If we make the discovery after the booking is over, we will assess a fee up to $1000 plus damages.
- Non-Smoking Policy: All of our properties are NON-SMOKING. We do not permit smoking on the premises. We want our properties to stay clean and smoke free so this policy is highly enforced. Smokers must step 15 FT minimum away from the property in order to smoke and must properly dispose of their buttes. If this rule is violated or any evidence of smoking is found on the property and wasn’t reported from a previous stay, your booking will be terminated immediately and you will lose your entire security deposit and be banned from future rentals.
- Quiet Hours: Our houses are located in very quiet areas and we ask that you respect the tranquility of our area. It is a violation of your rental agreement and of county ordinances to disturb neighbors with loud noise. If we get a complaint, we will call you or come to the house. If the noise persists, we will terminate the booking without refund. Some neighbors may simply call the police rather than contacting us. We ask that you observe the quiet hours of between 10PM and 8AM, each day of your visit. This request allows for the “quiet enjoyment” of other guests near the property.
- Trash: When you leave your rental, please remove all food (except condiments/spices), place all trash in the trash cans, and make sure the trash cans are placed in the appropriate place per the check-out sheet in your rental. The trash pick-up day or dumpsters is noted on the check-out list in your property binder. If trash pick-up occurs during your booking, you must put the trash cans out the evening before the pick-up day. Sorry, the City of Anchorage does not have recycling pick-up service at this time.
Aurora Skye Units: Tuesday Morning – Set trash out Monday Evening
Big Big House Units: Friday Morning - Set trash out Thursday Evening
Borealis Charm Units: Thursday Morning – Set trash out Wednesday Evening
Glenn Abbey Ambiance: Monday Morning – Set trash out Sunday Evening
Midnight Skye Units: Monday Morning – Set trash out Sunday Evening
Northern Aurora Units: Tuesday Morning – Set trash out Monday Evening
Woodlake Wonder: Tuesday Morning – Set trash out Monday Evening
- Cleaning: Cleaning fees serve as a basic move out cleaning with dusting, re-making beds and wiping surfaces. Long Term (over 30 days) guests are expected to maintain the home during their stay in order to avoid incurring additional cleaning charges. If cleanings are to take longer than 3 hours after move out, additional charges will apply at a rate of $45 per hour with a minimum charge of $45. Additional fees may apply for late check out if same day move-ins are delayed as a result of additional cleaning.
Basic cleaning fee does NOT include:
- Items not completed on the check-out list
- Cleaning of putting away
- Re-arranging furniture/putting it back to its original location
- Deep scrubbing of any surfaces or stain removal
- Carpet cleaning
- Daily/weekly bed making or touch up cleanings
(If you are interested in additional cleanings during your stay, they are available at an additional cost, please inquire.)
Rooms & Suites $60 for < 30 nights
Studio/1 Bedroom $115 under 30 nights
2 Bedroom 1 Bathroom $125 under 30 nights
2 Bedroom 1/5-2 Bathroom $140 under 30 nights
3 Bedroom 1.5-2 Bathroom $200 under 30 nights
4 Bedroom 2-3 Bathroom $250 under 30 nights
- Fire Place Use: IMPORTANT!! OPEN flue (inside fireplace) before starting fire & close flue after fire has completely settled. Do not close flue before fire has completely settled as this may cause smoke & is a fire hazard.
If you have never used the type or fireplace in your unit, do not use it until thoroughly reading instructions on how to use the specific type of fireplace.
- Candles: Please do not leave any candles on while you are outside of the house or not awake.
- Grill Use : Please be safe while using the BBQ. Make sure the grill and utensils are properly cleaned and stored prior to your departure. Gasoline tank is located in the garage.
- Liability: ALYS Rentals assumes no responsibility for any loss, injury, or damages to persons or property because of the acts of those providers, or otherwise and all Guest shall indemnify and hold harmless ALYS for any claims for personal injury or property damage arising for the vacation rental. All properties are individually owned. ALYS Rentals is solely a booking agency assisting both RENTERS and OWNERS in the reservation process. All owners manage their own properties and are to be contacted if any issues arise within the home.
- Location/Keys: Prior to your arrival, we will send you your combination to the keypad on the unit. In addition, a garage opener will be left in the unit for your use (if applicable). Most of our units are keyless entry. For our keyed entry units: Any lost or stolen keys will result in a fee of $30 to be replaced.